Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Build Day 4

Build day 4!

We did some waterproofing (potting) of the endcaps for the main electronics enclosure tonight with some two-ton epoxy, and we also spilled impressive amounts of acrylic cement on our fingers and my workbenches (OK mostly me that did the spilling) while setting up the servo arms and base for the webcam.  Speaking of the webcam...


We have a working webcam for our little beast!   Danny and Trey assembled the webcam components way back on day one, and we are just now assembling it to the electronics frame, so I thought it fitting to grab a few photos with it.  We now need to let our acrylic cements and epoxy fillings set for a while so we called it another successful build night on the 'bot.

Enjoy some more pics of the build:

Potting the endcaps

Gotta get in between all the wires of the main wiring harness.  No gaps!

Dat pink glue gun

Reading the instruction on the epoxy... after we had started using it already, of course. 

And Dan said let there be light

No comments:

Post a Comment